Wednesday, August 3, 2011

North Bay photos, continued...

Here are some more pictures of Marin County. I took these before I had my favorite compact camera (Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5), so the resolution and light are not as good...
 On Big Rock Mountain, looking over Lucas Valley
My trusty sidekick, Jodi
Jodi and I went on plenty of adventures. The following shots are in the Golden Gate Recreation Area. I kept Jodi on a short leash here.
My good friend Paul took another friend, Pete, and I to a secret sea cave only accessible during an ultra low tide. It's called Elephant Rock - out towards the northern tip of Point Reyes National Seashore. This is Elk country!
 A trail down the cliffs fit for a mountain goat
 Why do they call it Elephant Rock?
Entrance to the cave
Unfortunately, my old 2MP camera went to digital heaven after this shot... it would only take black pictures with a few red pixels. Alas, at least it was a noble place to die. I do wish I could have photographed the abundant sea life that was clinging to the lower walls here! There were neon-green anemones, starfish, sea urchins, and sea cucumbers clinging to the lower walls of the cave, especially around the tidal pools... waiting for the waters to rise and submerge the floor of the cave for another month. At least this meant it was time to get the camera I had been longing for!
Briones Regional Park - Which isn't Marin, it's just east of Berkeley 
Well thanks for looking, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment